There are five basic items you need for your “everyday” face. And, with a little organization, you can get your makeup done for the workday in five minutes flat!
1. Invest in a great long-wearing foundation, preferably one that dries to a powder finish. Not only will this last flawlessly the entire day, but you won't need the extra step of using a powder to set it.
2. After foundation, your next step is concealer. Use it under the eyes and on the lids as a shadow base. Products that have a dual use are especially timesaving.
3. Don't forget blush in a soft tone to help perk up your face! Go with a pink-based blush if you are fair, and a brownish plum for darker or olive skin tones.
4. Next, it's on to a quick eye. Sweep a lighter, cream-colored shadow all over the lid from lash to brow, and a slightly deeper shade pressed into the lower lid. Finish with a soft plum, khaki or brown eyeliner for daytime along with a few coats of mascara. Don't overdo the eye area; soft is best for daytime when you want to present a polished, professional face.
5. The last item you need should go into your handbag. Lipstick or lip gloss is the one thing you should carry with you at all times. Lastly, if you have an evening function, your essential makeup bag can be taken with you for a late day touch-up, and it's a definite must-have.
Kelrina Makeup Artist
- Im a professional makeup artist, been involved in Malaysia makeup industry since year 2000 from Bridal Makeup (Engagement, Solemnization ceremony, weddings and Reception) Personal Makeup, Stage Makeup, fashion magazines/newspapers, media and covers for fashion magazines, VIP , artists Film and TV VIP's presenting from natural makeup upto face painting and avant garde makeup. I have great passion to my work, my style of makeup about creating clean flawless and natural makeup, enhancing the eyes and I believe each of my customers deserve a unique and individual style which I wish to highlight their natural beauty look by combining of simplicity, right technique and good products. Your image is who you are......You never get a second chance to make a good first impression
The secret of perfect eye makeup is to emphasize the good points and minimize the slight defects. Selecting proper eye makeup technique that will emphasize your eye shape is as important as choosing the right colors. Depending on the shape of your eyes you should choose different colors and ways of applying eye makeup. Always experiment with eye makeup to know which techniques and colors suit your eyes best.
The Secret to Apply Perfect Mascara : Get a hand mirror, and when you apply your mascara, hold the mirror down and look into it. It will allow you to see the root all the way to tips of your eyelahses, making it the best way to apply it to the whole entire lash. Don’t look straight into a mirror because you can’t see your entire lash line. Maximize length=look down into a mirror.
Tip: Cheek color should be used to enhance your complexion, not to change your natural skin tone, specially for daytime, then add more or a deeper shade for a more dramatic nighttime effect. For special occasions, dust a lightly frosted powder over your cheekbones for a subtle but alluring glow.